Thursday 30 June 2011

So...it's been a while.

This whole blogging thing is something of a shift from my routine so I've not been good about posting updates. I'm sure this has been said on many a blog, but it's hard to sit down and write everyday, especially when you don't have anything entertaining to say. I know I said that this was a blog primarily for me to keep myself motivated, but let's be honest. I know you guys are reading it. (It would be really awkward if no one actually read this...but then no one would know about the awkwardness. Funny how life works out.)

Anyway, it's been a while. (Hey, that's the name of this entry!) But NOT because I haven't been working out. Because I have! More or less. In the days after I posted my first entry, my workouts weren't so great. P-Dazzle and I were going to the YMCA in Mission Viejo, which is nice (especially because I get to piggyback on P's family plan and not pay anything). However, via P-Dazzle, I have been focusing a lot on building strength through weight lifting, and for some reason, the Y doesn't have a squat rack, which is surprisingly essential to the type of work we're doing. There is a slew of various other reasons why I don't particularly like working out at the Y--anyway, the point is that it was not conducive to a good attitude for working out, and my workouts definitely suffered. So, I didn't feel that I had much blog-worthy stuff to write about. I'll try to get better about posting more frequently...maybe self-deprecating humor would be a good way to get around talking about crappy workouts.

Luckily for me and my fluctuating attitude about working out, Preston's weight set came last week so now I can't use the excuse of not wanting to go ALL the way to the Y (and that I didn't particularly like going to the Y anyway) to not work out. We now have in our possession a very nice Pendlay barbell and olympic plates in 4x45, 2x25, 2x15; and iron plates in 2x 10, 5, 2.5 (weak light ones for me.) Since then we've been working out a system for how to fit lifting into the spin of life that's already here, but it seems to work out to do it on the back patio.

So, now no more excuses! My life as an athlete can begin! Right after I get done helping with VBS, and find a job, and clean the house and--nah, just kidding. P-Dazzle's too good of a motivator for that. So, to use this blog for what it's actually mean to be used, here's some workouts I've been doing:

Saturday, June 24th 2011
We did a metcon (Metabolic conditioning--not my terminology) that consisted of: 16, 12, and 8 reps for time of:
Kettlebell swings (1 pood...ha, pood.) and
Jumping pullups (for me. P can do real pullups.)

After that, at my insistence, we did more endurance-geared interval running, which consisted of 3x 400 m runs with approximately 2 minutes of rest in between. The goal was to keep the times for each run within 3-5 seconds. My times were 1:27, 1:31, 1:39. Excuse time: we were running in the middle of the afternoon in bright sunshine in about as hot a heat as coastal California can have. So there.

I've done more since then, (seeing as that's almost a week ago), but I don't want to draw these out too long. More to come about:

-Pullups!

-The POSE Running method!

-General activity!

-Whatever I feel like talking about!



Stay tuned! Ew--no, wait...

Find out next time on-- bleh.

All this and more on the next installment of-- errhhhgh.



How on earth do you sign off of a blog and not sound like a doofus?

No comments:

Post a Comment